Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Feeling a little better and a haul....

So I'm feeling a bit better now.  Each day is a little easier.  Hopefully by next Tuesday when I go back to work I'll be up to par.  ;)  I have several looks to catch up on as well as answering your comments...so sorry I haven't gotten to them yet!

Today I did a little vacay shopping.  WOO HOO!!   I went after my doc's apt.  I went to get established as a new patient at an office about 2 mins. from my house.  Instead of over an hour, where I was going before.  It went well...my bp wasn't bad even though I was there.  I had a little bloodwork....a cholesterol test, blood sugar test, and finally a celiac panel.  We'll see how all that goes.

Afterwards I went to Ulta.  I called a few other high end companies to find out which of their products were gluten free.  I have recently called Benefit (NONE?!?) Too Faced, and Urban Decay.  Too Faced and Urban Decay were kind enough to email me lists so I could go off of them when I shop.  So I picked a few things up.

























I'm a sucker for pretty packaging!  This is ADORABLE....this is the Too Faced Lip of Luxury lipstick...all the shades are gluten free.  The pink tube is shiny and has a diamond like crystal on the top of it.


















Here are the swatches, over Too Faced Borderliner in Clear.  The Top one is outside, and the bottom is inside.























Too Faced Metal Eyed Liquid Metal Liner in Blackout.  It's a gorgeous metallic black.



























Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Spandex.  Try as I might I could NOT get the swatch to work well.  I did use it in a look that I'll post in a bit.













Urban Decay Sustainable Eyeshadow Palette.  It came with a mini original UDPP.  The cover is bamboo (and is GORGEOUS) and the top slides off like this.














Colors L to R:  Top Row:  YDK, Flipside, Grifter, Uzi, Twice Baked.
Colors L to R:  Bottom:  Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Flash, Oil Slick, Kiddie Pool and Half Baked.





















Swatches of the top row:  Top Left YDK, Top Right Flipside, Middle is Grifter, Bottom Left Uzi, Bottom Right Twice Baked.



















Swatches of the bottom row.  Top Left Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Top Right Flash, Middle is Oil Slick, Bottom Left is Kiddie Pool, Bottom right half baked.

The shadows blend well and are VERY pigmented.  I loved the texture of the lipstick as well.  The eyeliners are AWESOME....I loved everything I got!  I should get to do a little more shopping over the next few days. Back to Ulta I'll be going!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment